• The Oak is a symbol of the Persevering Saint
• The Oak is a symbol of the Prevailing Church
Questions for Kingdom Group Discussion:
1. Read Isaiah 61:1-4. What is the promise given to Israel? Who is making that promise?
2. Where else do we read the words written in verses 1-3? Why is that significant for Christians?
3. Think about the qualities of an Oak tree. Why do you think God chose this metaphor to describe the person that is rooted in Him?
4. God has created us to persevere in our faith. What does that mean?
5. What obstacles and opposition does the believer face that we must learn to overcome (Matthew 13:18-23, 1 John 2:15-16)?
6. What has He given the believer to make sure that we will? (1 Peter 1:3, Romans 12:1-2, 2 Corinthians 10:3-5, Ephesians 1:13-14)
7. The challenges and battles we all face daily are real. Pray for one another and lift each other’s burdens to the Lord.
Main Church Address: 483 King's Road, North Point, Hong Kong