• Elders are to be Prized
• Elders are to be Mobilised
Questions for Kingdom Group Discussion:
1. What’s your attitude toward aging? Repulsion or celebration? Tell us why.
2. Read 1 Timothy 5:1-2. How are we to treat or relate to those older than us? Why?
3. What does the word honour mean? How are we to show honour to those older than us? Read Leviticus 19:32.
4. If honour begins with the attitude first and then the action, how will you show honour to those older than you in church and at home? In your addressing, speaking, sitting and standing?
5. Read Leviticus 19:32 again. Note how the verse ends. How is respecting the seniors and fearing God connected and related?
6. If growing old is a privilege and a gift from God, what must an older person then do now? What can they learn from Caleb in Joshua 14:10-14?
7. If you are younger – is there an older person you should prize (more) from now on? Have you risen up in respect before the grey head? If you are older – have you slipped into an ungodly way of thinking about your retirement, and neglected to fulfill God’s plan for your life and his ministry for you in the church? What ministry is God calling you to?