1. A doubtful question to Jesus (Luke7:18-20)
2. A hopeful answer from Jesus (Luke 7:21-22)
3. A powerful statement by Jesus (Luke 7:23)
Questions for Kingdom Group Discussion:
1. When was a time someone was offended by you? Is there are time you were offended by someone else?
2. Read Luke 7:18-23. Why do you think John is asking, “Are you the one who is to come, or shall we look for another?”
3. What would cause John to doubt what Jesus was doing or who he was? What causes us to doubt what God is doing? When we’re not operating out of relationship with Jesus, what do we tend to do?
4. How does Jesus answer John’s question? Why doesn’t he answer directly?
5. What does Jesus mean when he says, “Blessed is the one who is not offended by me” in verse 23?
6. In verses 21 – 23, how did Jesus demonstrate the Kingdom of God?
7. In the Bible, who is offended by Jesus and for what reasons? How does Matthew 4:17 give us insight to not remaining offended by Jesus’ actions?
8. When did you come to the place in your spiritual journey when you knew and realized that Jesus was the one establishing his kingdom not your entitlement? How did you come to this understanding? What difference has this made in your life?