1. The Spread Of Pornography 2. The Sickness Of Pornography 3. The Spirit Of Pornography 4. The Solution To Pornography Cell Group Discussion Questions: 1. What is pornography? 2. Read Matthew 5:27-30. What is lust? How is it different from love? 3. What are the problems with pornography? 4. Comment on this statement by Naomi Wolf: "For the first time in history the images' power and allure have supplemented that of real naked women." 5. How does pornography harm children? 6. How can we be free from pornography?
1. Defilement Destroys Marriage (Heb.13:4) 2. Divorce Destroys Marriage (Mal.2:10-15) Cell Group Discussion Questions: 1. Read Matthew 5:27-28. What is Jesus teaching here? What does He mean? 2. Read Matthew 5:29-30. What is Jesus' point in using such exaggerated language? 3. In Exodus 20:14, the word adultery is associated with turning away from God. 4. Explain how sex is not considered an idolatry within marriage but only outside? 5. How can singles keep themselves pure physically? What is the standard? 6. When would it be the most vulnerable time for a person to be unfaithful? How can this be overcome? 7. Pray for each other in the area of physical purity. Break the curse and bondage and proclaim God's blessings over the singles and couples.
1. Marriage is for Partnership 2. Marriage is for Protection 3. Marriage is for Procreation 4. Marriage is for Pleasure Cell Group Discussion Questions: 1. Share with the group your favourite pets growing up. 2. Read Genesis 2:19-20. Why do you think God commanded Adam to name the animals just after He said it was not good for man to be alone in verse 18? 3. The first purpose of marriage is for partnership. Read 1 Corinthians 7:4. What does it mean to you? In marriage, there is no "I" but only "we". 4. The second purpose is for protection. How can a husband and wife protect each other? 5. The third purpose is for procreation. What would be your advice to newly wed couples? What are the challenges in having children today? 6. The fourth purpose is for pleasure. What is sex and what is the purpose? 7. How can sex be good and be glorifying to God?
Your Renewed Mouth (4:25,29)Your Renewed Hands (4:28)Your Renewed Heart (4:26-27, 31-32)Cell Group Discussion Questions:1. What kind of trash do you usually get rid of in your home? What happens if you continue to keep it at home? 2. Read Ephesians 4:17-24. How does Paul describe the behaviour of the "old" self? 3. Read Ephesians 4:25-32. How does Paul describe the behaviour of the "new" self? 4. What can a "renewed mouth" do for you? (vv26, 29) 5. What can a "renewed heart" do? (vv26-27, 31-32) 6. True repentance is a combination of confession, contrition and change. Have you applied or experience this personally? Share with the group 7. How can we forgive others? How do you apply Matthew 5:23-24 and Matthew 18:15.
1. Head Of Respect 2. Heart Of Respect 3. Hand Of Respect Cell Group Discussion Questions: 1. Describe a time when you felt respected. How did you feel andhow did you respond to that? 2. Why do you think respect is so important to a man and love is so important to a woman? 3. Why is it easier to give respect to authority figures outside your marriage? What are the difficulties? 4. What role does Christ play in helping you respect your husband and others? 5. What are the ways / areas you would like to show respect to your husband or to others this week?
1. The Priority Of Marriage 2. The Power Of Marriage Cell Group Discussion Questions: 1. In Ephesians 5:25-27, how did Christ express His love for the church? What was His primary concern? 2. How is this concept of love different from the world? 3. Read Ephesians 5:28. What metaphor did Paul use in sharing how a husband should love his wife? What does this mean to you if health is the foundation in whatever you do? 4. Comment on this statement: "Marriage has the power to set the course of your life." 5. Is it true that marriage brings out the worst in you? How does marriage reveal and express your weaknesses? 6. The power of healing love in marriage is a miniature version of the same power that Jesus has with us. Please elaborate. 7. Matthew 5:23-24 and Mark 11:25 teach us to first forgive before we confront. How can you apply this today?
1. F 2. R 3. I 4. E 5. N 6. D 7. S Cell Group Discussion Questions:1. Share with the group about your best or closest friend growing up as a child. 2. How could Adam be in a "not good" condition when God is perfect and Adam was placed in a perfect world and had a perfect relationship with God? 3. Happy marriages are based on a deep friendship. Do you agree? Why? 4. How has/can your spouse be used by God to make you more faithful/closer to God? 5. What happen when both spouses are unfriendly to each other? When one is friendly and the other is unfriendly? 6. Comment on "back-to-back" marriage, "shoulder-to-shoulder" marriage and "face-to-face" marriage. 7. Read Ecclesiastes 9:2-9. How do you plan to enjoy life with your spouse/future spouse?
1. Marriage defined by God 2. Marriage designed by God Cell Group Discussion Questions: 1. Why didn't God create Adam and Eve at the same time? 2. What does this passage (Genesis 2:21-25) tell you about the nature of men and women? 3. Marriage is defined by God as monogamy. What's the problem with same sex marriages? 4. Read Hebrews 13:4. Why does our society have such a problem keeping the marriage bed pure? How can it be kept pure? 5. What are the consequences of divorce? How can it be avoided? 6. Why were Adam and Eve naked and not ashamed? How would you define "intimacy" in marriage in this context? 7. How can a couple develop emotional, mental, spiritual and physical intimacy?
1. The Great Commission 2. Marriage and the Great Commission Cell Group Discussion Questions: 1. What is the Great Commission? Read Luke 24:45-49, Matt 28:18-20 & Acts 1:8 and discuss the content and the importance of the Great Commission. 2. Discuss how the Great Commission applies to every Christian; how we can have different roles. 3. Read Luke 14:26. What does it mean? 4. Read 1 Corinthians 7:29-31. How can we apply this to our marriages? Can we think of any examples? Can we think of any problems that may arise if we do not apply this principle to our marriages? 5. Discuss possible benefits of joining short-term mission trips. 6. Discuss how much you rely on the Holy Spirit regarding any everyday issues you face in your marriages – both big and small issues. 7. Discuss how idolatry will prevent usfrom obeying the Great Commission. Any examples? Take time to pray about it. 8. Have you made a firm decision like Joshua, declaring that "But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord"? If you have, discuss what you will do differently from this year.
Main Church Address: 483 King's Road, North Point, Hong Kong